About the team
Product Sales is a team of deep functional and technical specialists who both lead and advise on deals for the most strategically important products in Stripe’s portfolio. The team is responsible for selling Stripe’s solutions for Billing, Invoicing and Revenue Recognition. The team is lean, high visibility and highly cross-functional!
What you’ll do
As an Account Executive, Product (Billing) at Stripe, you will use your sales and product expertise to help drive growth of Stripe’s revenue and financial automation products. You will collaborate with product, engineering and marketing teams to develop deep product and industry knowledge and drive strategic deals. You will be instrumental in leading in depth product discussions with existing and prospective customers – and building and executing against our go to market strategy.
You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CEO and CTO. You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with technical knowledge. You’re as comfortable working with clients as with internal stakeholders (including executives). You’re excited to become an expert and to share your knowledge. You’re an organized self-starter, an excellent communicator who is highly analytical and has a track record for improving the processes and organizations around you.
- Manage a book of business of existing and prospective Billing customers.
- Lead new sales and upsell conversations for existing and prospective customers.
- Deeply understand the sales process and competitors for Stripe Billing.
- Serve as both an internal and customer-facing expert on Stripe Billing.
- Synthesize and relay customer feedback and our findings to inform Stripe’s product roadmap.
- Engage with Product, Marketing, Sales and User Operations teams to help amplify our growth trajectory.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- 6+ years of sales or prospecting experience at a technology company and a track record of top performance.
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners.
- The ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving environment.
- A proven ability to be a self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision.
- Consistently proactive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, virtually and in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in selling SaaS products in the quote-to-cash space.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements.
Hybrid work at Stripe
Our Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore teams spend at least 50% of their time in their local offices. We believe that more in-person interactions will contribute to better results for our employees and Stripe. Increased office time allows for improved collaboration, efficiency, and informal learning opportunities, fostering a stronger community and building our culture. We will apply the insights gained from these initial three locations to continue refining our hybrid approach.
Pay and benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $183,100 - $247,700. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.